Camera backpacks (mirrorless)

ped

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi folks

I used to have a variety of Mindshift bags, the smallest being the Sidepath which is a small backpack with a rear ‘hatch’ for your camera. However as with most camera bags this hatch area is quite big, designed more for a DSLR and lens and really it could be half the size.

I often pack the other half with bits and bobs but I wondered if anyone knows of a backpack with a hatch for a single mirrorless camera, making more room in the bag? Searching for ‘camera bag’ brings up two types - full of dividers or about 50/50 dividers and other.

Cheers

Lowepro sport?

I have the older model which meets those needs, I haven't seen the new version in the flesh though

I use a lowepro sport 20L in bright orange ,bought from someone on here .. ideal combination of space and light weight .

Reactions: ped
Lowepro Protactic 350 AW II ? This is a 16l bag I believe.

These have an openable hatch on either side, but both are quite small so would good for Mirrorless. Fully customizable inside to use as many or few of the dividers as you want.

Peak Design 20L Every Day bag - Have to say it is one of the best made bags I've ever owned. You can customise the inside however you like, lots of storage, waterproof. And it's made of 100% recycled materials if the environment matters to you! :)

Just got the peak design l30 v2 seem to be really good sony 200-600 fits as well

As many on here, I have tried many backpacks and have currently settled on a shimoda explore 30 though that does have a full back opening, which I use when I know i will want to access filters, tripods etc, and also a peak design 20 everyday backpack for wandering around without encumbrances such as a tripod! I also have the older version of the lowepro sport which I use when cycling, excellent for carrying one camera with one lens attached and a spare lens. I currently use a fuji and all three bags suit for different purposes, though I do wish there was one bag that did everything!, I haven’t found it yet!!:ROFLMAO:

I use one of these, side hatch for camera and the velcro inserts rearranged leaving about 2/3rds of the bottom section clear for other stuff. The top half is roll top so can be extend to hols a decent amount.

The laptop sleeve is detachable. Ive been keeping a rain jacket in it.

It's a brilliant bag, I must admit! My only tiny gripe is there isn't a small pocket anywhere to keep a key or your earphones etc but apart that, love it!

I use one of these, side hatch for camera and the velcro inserts rearranged leaving about 2/3rds of the bottom section clear for other stuff. The top half is roll top so can be extend to hols a decent amount.

The laptop sleeve is detachable. Ive been keeping a rain jacket in it.

It's a brilliant bag, I must admit! My only tiny gripe is there isn't a small pocket anywhere to keep a key or your earphones etc but apart that, love it!

Looks good for the price.
Surprising that they could not accommodate a small zipped compartment

I just got this:

The lower section is pretty small really. I can put my mirrorless and 2 lenses in it, 3 at a push but my lenses are tiny (all samyang tiny series!).

Probably not good for the OP as he says he had a small mindshift bag before. But I think it's great for smaller stuff. I found it is darker than the photo would suggest.

Better photo in here but half the price at wex!

Last edited:
I just got this:

The lower section is pretty small really. I can put my mirrorless and 2 lenses in it, 3 at a push but my lenses are tiny (all samyang tiny series!).

Probably not good for the OP as he says he had a small mindshift bag before. But I think it's great for smaller stuff. I found it is darker than the photo would suggest.

Better photo in here but half the price at wex!

I take it the top half is like a normal backpack? Could be perfect for me - Is there enough space for a small battery pack, 11 inch iPad and 2-3 cables?

I take it the top half is like a normal backpack? Could be perfect for me - Is there enough space for a small battery pack, 11 inch iPad and 2-3 cables?

The top pocket is about 30cm tall by 25cm wide by 15cm thick. You could also fit a 40cm tall thin think like a magazine right at the front because the top pocket goes all the way down at the front. There's a space for a water pouch I think a 10inch tablet is suppose to fit in there.

Back