Camera Bag Help required

Edit My Images
Yes
A colleague is looking for a camera bag that can be carried in front rather than on his back. The reason being he wants to be able to carry a large ruck-sac on his back when he goes hiking and a front bag will thus be easier to carry and easier to access.

He has a Nikon D40x, the kit lens and will be getting a 70-300VR so will need to be able to carry this plus maybe one more lens and filters etc.

Any suggestions?

Thx

AB

I have the same problem and have struggled to come up with a suitable answer BUT I have a Lens Trekker and a Pro Trekker and both have the eye lets on the front of the harness to enable a front bag to be worn.

The solution for me is to buy a smaller ruksack and wear it as a front bag, ideally I would be able to get rid of the harness on this front bag, as it would be a releativly cheap buy anyway, I have also seen and have experience of front bags being attached with Karabiners, this enables a quick release should you need it and is the prefferred method of attaching a front bag. I searched for a holster type but found them to be unsuitable, HTH (y)

Thanks a lot Steep for those links. :clap:

I have passed them on. The second looks to be what he is after. He will be hiking the Incas Trail this year and next year Kilimanjaro (spelling?) so I think he will have a full ruck-sac hence the need for a front facing bag.

Back