camera bag recomendations

I use a LowePro MiniTrekker backpack. Plenty of room for the kit I always carry, comfortable even when fully loaded, fits the hand-baggage requirements for air travel and has waist and chest straps to spread the load.

Bear in mind that whatever kit you have now will almost certainly grow, so resist the temptation to get a bag that will just hold your body, the kit lens and one or two others - or be prepared to spend more money in a year or so on a bigger bag to hold the extra kit!!! (Like many others here, I have a couple of old bags in the loft.)

as above not looking for anything too expensive what do you guys use thanks in advance
What sort of price are you wanting spend? Heard good things about the Redsnapper bags and if they are anything like their tripod cases then they should be excellent quality
Brian

I use a LowePro MiniTrekker as well, I have 3 other bags of various sizes but this one gets the most use by a mile as it's big enough for a body or two and a lens & flash. Get the all weather one and you're sorted if you get caught out in the rain.

Another Lowepro Mini Trekker AW here too, been impressed with it so far. I got mine from Morris Photographic who have them for £49.99 if you don't mind the green/black colour combination.

Lowepro Mini Trekker AW here also, the tripod carrier on it comes in very useful!

what kit do you want to carry about with you?
well so far i have a eos 400d sigma 70-300 18-55 a few filters and a fish eye attachment so roughly all that

What sort of price are you wanting spend? Heard good things about the Redsnapper bags and if they are anything like their tripod cases then they should be excellent quality
Brian

as little as possible tbh thanks for the advice so far guys (y)

I use a LowePro Slingshot 100AW which is perfect for carrying around London, it's small and inconspicuous, and carries my 30D + sigma 10-20, nifty fifty, 55-250 IS, hood, charger, cables, 77mm filters, remote switch, and my little Manfrotto 785B tripod hooked onto the side, and it's nice and comfy.

That's it packed to the gunnels though, if I upgrade any lenses I'll need to upgrade the bag.

...Bear in mind that whatever kit you have now will almost certainly grow, so resist the temptation to get a bag that will just hold your body, the kit lens and one or two others - or be prepared to spend more money in a year or so on a bigger bag to hold the extra kit!!! (Like many others here, I have a couple of old bags in the loft.)

A very good point. Go for something that is too big, as if you're like me, very soon it won't be :bonk:

Back