Camera Bag

Name
Jamie
Edit My Images
Yes
Sorry, I know there have been a few of these threads recently but none have really matched my situation.

I'm looking for a new bag to house the following gear:
Nikon D200
Nikon F5
Nikon 300mm f/4
Nikon 105mm f/2.8 VR
Nikon 17-55mm f/2.8
Nikon 1.7x teleconverter
And the usual extras like filters, film (old school :D), memory cards plus an ipod.
I'm also looking to add a Nikon AF-S 50mm f/1.4 and possibly a wider prime too.

I currently own the Orion Trekker II - link - but it's fairly small and only holds about half my gear.

I've got my eye on the Crumpler Pyjama Pride - link - which seems a good deal for £70. I'm not so keen on the colour and do want something that looks good but the other colours are £50 more.

Are there any other alternatives for a discreet camera backpack that can take quite a lot of gear?

£70 is about my limit I think.

Depends what you mean by discreet. I have the Tamrac Expedition 8 and it holds everything in my sig plus loads of ancilliaries. Extremely comfortable to wear for extended periods 8 hours plus. Not cheap though

I forgot to say, ideally I don't want to spend much beyond £70 so the Expedition 8 is a little expensive.

I have a Magnum AW going spare if you want it. £70.00 + postage. I also have the harness that turns it into a backpack that is very comfortable. £15.00. Mint condition. Not being used as I have outgrown it and use a Lowepro Naturetreker.

Chris :)

I have a Magnum AW going spare if you want it. £70.00 + postage. I also have the harness that turns it into a backpack that is very comfortable. £15.00. Mint condition. Not being used as I have outgrown it and use a Lowepro Naturetreker.

Chris, thanks for the offer but I'll turn it down as im leaning more towards the crumpler at the moment.

Jamie :)

I have a Lowepro primus for a round £53 from Fotosense its a nice good bag

I have a Lowepro primus for a round £53 from Fotosense its a nice good bag

The Primus won't fit the gear that triggerhappy has listed. The girlfriend has one and just about gets a D50 with a couple of small lenses in. Decent bag though (y)

We have just got a Tamrac expedition 7 S/H from T4 cameras for £30. I have packed it ready for a trip to Northumberland next week but it's really comfy and deep.

Would defo fit all your gear - don't know how much they are new?.

HTH

Rob

Back