Camera Conundrum

Name
Matthew
Edit My Images
Yes
Well a bit of history of myself and equipment, I started off with a Canon 500D a few years ago and built myself up to the the following lenses: Tamron 17-50, Sigma 10-20, Sigma 30 1.4 and Canon 55-250. A pretty decent setup really, I then moved to a 5D1 with a 24-105L at the beginning year, another good setup however older camera has been a bit difficult, I do a lot of night photography an I find not having live view or a decent screen an issue. So looking at moving back to a crop.

Yes it could be madness I know! For now though I am looking at my options, without spending extra cash and selling on the 24-105 and 5D I could potentially have a 60D, Tamron 17-50, Tokina 11-16 (2.8) and I still have the 55-250. So yes another decent setup. my main issue is would a 50D suffice, do I need a 60D, if I went for the 50 is there much if any difference from the 500 I used to have?

Anyway everything depends on selling the gear I have first.

What normally happens is people make the change back to crop and then think the iq isn't as good as what they have been getting on the full frame.A lot of it is in their head but once the thoughts start you can't get rid of them.
There's some really cheap 5dmk2's hitting the 2nd hand market.Why not try and save up the extra pennies,sell the 5D and 55-250 and go for the 5dmk2.i bet in the long run you will be happier with that decision.

Gary

Back