camera help

Edit My Images
No
i'm new to the world of dslr's and i'm looking for a camera to take walking with me to take wildlife and scenery pics, i was originally going to buy a bridge camera such as the panasonic fz18 but i'm getting more swayed towards a dslr, thats if i can find one to fit my small budget around £350.
i know i can pick up a dslr for around that price but that would only come with the standard lens which wouldn't be any good for shooting wildlife, so i'm thinking of maybe getting a secondhand one, the only dslr i've tried is my friends canon 350d which seems nice and there are plenty of used ones around, what sort of lens should i be looking for to take pictures of say birds, i'm just looking for something to get me started.
any recomendations on what i should be looking at please :)

Yes a DSLR is ideal if you are looking to get into photography, if you are looking to get serious anything else is just not sufficient.

It's more the lens that defines which kinds of photos will come out best, not the camera. A 350D is good, fine for a starting camera but i'd get a 400D, you can pick one up for under £400 at the moment.

What's your budget for lenses? You ideally want to spend a few hundred pounds on one.

You could just stick with the kit lens if you get a 350D/400D, just get your bearings and figure out how to use the camera properly before spending more money on a new lens.

i love the 400D just watch out for the mirror spring but other than that its gr8 :D

i can afford to get a 400d there are a few canon refurbished ones on ebay atm for about £360 with the standard lens, but that would mean that i would have to get a lens later on, has anyone got any experience with canon refurbs are they ok ?, it's a saving on a new one but not a lot at around £40

You can get them brand new for far less than that, look:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/4GB-CANON-XTi...ryZ31388QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Comes with tons of other stuff and a memory card aswel. It's probably an American import but they are identical apart from the badge (US models are called the Digital Rebel XTi not the 400D, but in essence they are identical).

Referbs are good, the 400D I used to have was a refurb, looked and felt brand new, didn't have any problems with it either.

Back