Camera ID Anyone?

Name
Derek
Edit My Images
Yes
I rescued this from my old Father's OCD about cleaning and throwing 'useless' things out today - does anyone have the slightest idea what it is? It does have 'Werra' on the front of the case, but it might not even be the right case for it, and I can't see any makers ID on the body.

With the exception of the case, it's absolutely mint. Not even a surface or hairline scratch on it that I can see, and it doesn't even look like like it's been used at all.... the lens cover turns into a nifty little lens hood as well.... :LOL:

Sorry about the rubbish pictures.....

243gvtx.jpg

2m4x1co.jpg

301oorm.jpg

4zxgr6.jpg

jl3p8g.jpg

Google is your friend Linky

That's the very one - the same yuch olive green colour.... disgusting, isn't it? :D

Edit: Mine got the larger top button, so it must be the 1A model.... no doubt worthless as well.

Last edited:
It is indeed a Werra, - a strange Range-finder & I think like Zorkis & Kieves they are collectable though not of great value. As previously stated Google & Wikipedia know it all !!

... only the later ones (4 + 5?) are rangefinders. 1 is the basic, no rf, no meter.

Collectable? Who said collectable? Does collectable = coins of the realm? :D

:LOL: Mine went to Japan for £50... was the proper silver one though. Is this one working/film tested?

Hmmm..... I guess I'd have to put a roll of film in and try it. Firstly Id have to spend around a week trying to work out how to use it, then another week working out how to open it to put the film in.... :shrug:

Dad said he'd never used it and got it as a gift from someone when he was in the army....

In the condition it's in, should be OK. To put film in I think the bottom/back comes off - like the Rollei 35's. To advance film, rotate the entire lens assembly c/wise to the stop then back. To fire, hit the button. To focus, turn the lens...to set aperture and speed - on the lens. In fact, barring the fire button it's all on the lens.

Last edited:
Will give it a go, thanks..... now, where do you buy film these days? :D

For Testing? Poundland!

Really? Unbelievable. lol .... (y)

I mentioned in the cheap processing thread but not in the above thread, Poundland have recently been selling Kodak Ultramax 400 iso, 36 exposure film. In date, but stocks were pretty low last time I checked.

Just got 2 400 asa kodak's today, stock was low at my local poundland.

Doh! Can anyone tell me how to open this to get the film in it before I set about it with the hammer and screwdriver? :thinking:

.... Poundland had loads of the Kodak 400 left, so grabbed a couple of those.....

Middle round thing on the bottom, with the hole in the middle, turn it anti-clockwise till it stops... pull cover off.

NB - I think that turning it *half* way enables you to rewind the film.

Load film, put back on, wind lens assembly once, click, once more, click - that's it sorted.

Don't forget to reset the frame counter (on the bottom)

Last edited:
Ah, the rewind button is a button on the 1, the higher ones I think have it built in to the release thing, sorry :D

Ta, will give it a go when I get home.... (y)

Be aware, you're not supposed to alter the shutter speeds until the shutter is cocked (I think !) Don't force it (tinternet will confirm the order) I seem to remember I even found a manual on-line when I was playing with one of these.:)

Back