Beginner camera stops working

carmot

Suspended / Banned
Name
john conlin
Edit My Images
Yes
hi know its something I am doing wrong but don't understand what using a d750 10 20 sigma lens just playing indoors with the camera have small crystal ball trying to take a photo of a flower through it but the camera fails to work just get a r41 appears when I press the shutter but if I take the crystal ball away works fine

Its just not focussing, simple as that. The r41 is the remaining shots in the buffer.
The camera can't focus on the ball, because its either too close, or doesn't have enough contrast to lock on. Try manually focusing instead.

thanks but tried manual,auto, a,s and ,p press shutter nothing take crystal ball away works fine but thanks for telling me what the r41 was for, put the 24 120 lens on the same happens but the 105 macro works fine

thanks but tried manual,auto, a,s and ,p press shutter nothing take crystal ball away works fine but thanks for telling me what the r41 was for, put the 24 120 lens on the same happens but the 105 macro works fine
theres your answer then, the macro works because its within focusing distance, the other lenses are most likely to close so keep hunting then give up and report the error.. simple test is to move back 2 feet and try again.

a,s,p are nothing to do with the focussing, they are aperture priority mode, shutter priority mode, programme mode.

See Toms post above or read the manual.

A macro will work fine as it is designed for close up photography. A 24-120mm zoom isn't.

If the camera is set to 'focus priority' then it won't fire unless it detects an in-focus Image. Disable it - it's nothing but an irritation.

If the camera is set to 'focus priority' then it won't fire unless it detects an in-focus Image. Disable it - it's nothing but an irritation.

Surely no photo is better than an out of focus one though!

Like said, it's nothing to do with the mode the camera is in, it's not focusing, pure and simple. You are too close for it to lock on, until you use the macro lens, which can focus down much closer.

thanks redone with camera further away worked great such a lot to learn

now that's sorted waterfalls tommorow

I'll get there before you ask why all your photos are over exposed.. You will need a ND filter if you want the silky water look and are shooting in daylight.

Back