Camera Tossing - Next Big Thing ?

Edit My Images
No
OR - extreme sports for light weights ...

Times Magazine - Sunday last, 14 January

It appears a new 'art' form is in danger of unravelling before our very cameras ! :ponders:

With a lead paragraph suggesting this is an alternative use for the new digital camera Santa brought ... :banghead:

Quote;

"Stand in the street at night, set the shutter to open for around 1 second, and then toss your camera high into the air. You may never use your camera again, of course, but hey - at least you'll be participating in the most fashionable craze to hit digital photography for some time"

EndQuote !

I just hope anyone trying this is using a very old, unwanted camera or are bl***y good at catching ... at night !?! :tonofbric

Anyone for cricket ... ? :D

Anyway if anyone is interested in viewing some successful attempts (not sure how many cameras were wasted !) check out this site ... :smilenod:

http://www.flickr.com/groups/cameratoss/pool/tags/cameratoss

Good luck if you give it a go ... but you won't catch me participating unless Jill lends me her compact ! :grinshake

Well there's only 1 person I know who has some work gear......Come on Arkady, lets see some example shots ;)

lol!

Well Im sure there are plenty of t*****s ;) out there, but I cant think of any on this forum - thankfully:thumb:

Warspite said:
Well Im sure there are plenty of t*****s ;) out there, but I cant think of any on this forum - thankfully:thumb:

Amen to that Warspite ! :clap:

Talking of faith ... :ponders:

Go on Rob - what's the word???

Lol!

I must confess to having taken a pic with my cheap little compact, but even then it was held firmly with the wrist strap so it just spun around with no danger of being dropped...

Tossing.jpg

(So, I guess that makes me a to$$er then - just thought I'd add that before anyone else did!) :getmecoat

Catdaddy had a strap-on :doh: :getmecoat

What is the subject of the image?

Like the colours.

Catdaddy said:
Lol!
I must confess to having taken a pic with my cheap little compact, but even then it was held firmly with the wrist strap so it just spun around with no danger of being dropped...
(So, I guess that makes me a to$$er then - just thought I'd add that before anyone else did!) :getmecoat

Brave man Catdaddy, brave man ! And not just for the pic ... :laugh1:

Now now gents!

The greens and reds were flashing lights on my modem and stuff. The blue light was the torch on my cam phone through a blue plastic slide case...

And yes, I know I'll probabyl get flamed for posting the pic up, and I agree, it bears about as much resemblance to 'art' as half a cow in formaldehyde, but now nobody else needs to bother risking their cameras, do they? :)

I did attempt to get something from my really old kodak. trouble was it took so long to react to the shutter button it was guess work when to throw it :)

Don't really want to break it but I probably will anyway. Want to dismantle it and see if I can get the IR filter off the sensor and have a IR capable camera - even if it is only 2MP and slooowww.

Catdaddy said:
And yes, I know I'll probabyl get flamed for posting the pic up, and I agree, it bears about as much resemblance to 'art' as half a cow in formaldehyde, but now nobody else needs to bother risking their cameras, do they? :)

Well ... it certainly blows Warspites theory out the water ! :ponders:

Although you might be saved by the strap ... so to speak ! :laugh1:

well volunteeered Catdaddy...nutjob....:)

Matty said:
well volunteeered Catdaddy...nutjob....:)

You wanna see what I do to my guitars ;)

Dunno, matey. I've never used my guitars to take a picture...

Catdaddy said:
You wanna see what I do to my guitars ;)

ohh my lordy!!:D

Back