Can 1DX charger also charge 1DX MK 2 batteries ?

Edit My Images
Yes
As the title really, does anyone know if the 1DX chargers also charge the 1DX MK 2 batteries.

The batteries seem to have different model names but i thought might be worth asking ?

I've been through this little nightmare, and I'm still a little confused as to the exact answer.

Basically there are two ever so slightly different versions of the batteries / chargers, with one battery having, if I remember correct 6mm locating lugs underneath and the other 11mm.

If you have a camera / charger that is the longer type then as far as I know both will work.
If your camera can only take the shorter type then the longer lugged batteries will not fit
The shorter type chargers can only accept a longer lugged battery if its slotted in at a slight angle (which probably isn't recommended)

Maybe someone else can give more info?

I think the dxii charger will charge previous batteries ie Dx Div etc but you need the DXii charger to charge the DXii batteries. There's a little lug on the RHS of the E19 batt that I believe? stops it being used in the earlier one series chargers.

I have a 1DXii and a 1Div, no experience of the 1DX. I think this is the right way around. I also believe the earlier batteris work in the DXii, but they won't run the later body at "full tilt" so to speak. The DX ii is backwards compatable but the battery charger I don't think is, you need the LC E19 chager to charge the LP -E19 battery , I guess being more powerful there's a different charge cycle at play to charge the E19, but half of me wonders if there is a ruse to make me buy a pretty expensive charger

Fugi you need to speak to Canon Bob, LOL.:D.................I might be wrong he wont be (y) Certainly I can put a 1div battery in the DXii charger. I've just physically done it to check myself but I can't do it the other way around, I just haven't the info one the 1DX, is it using an E4 or E19 batt?

take care

stu

I think the dxii charger will charge previous batteries ie Dx Div etc but you need the DXii charger to charge the DXii batteries. There's a little lug on the RHS of the E19 batt that I believe? stops it being used in the earlier one series chargers.

I have a 1DXii and a 1Div, no experience of the 1DX. I think this is the right way around. I also believe the earlier batteris work in the DXii, but they won't run the later body at "full tilt" so to speak. The DX ii is backwards compatable but the battery charger I don't think is, you need the LC E19 chager to charge the LP -E19 battery , I guess being more powerful there's a different charge cycle at play to charge the E19, but half of me wonders if there is a ruse to make me buy a pretty expensive charger

Fugi you need to speak to Canon Bob, LOL.:D.................I might be wrong he wont be (y) Certainly I can put a 1div battery in the DXii charger. I've just physically done it to check myself but I can't do it the other way around, I just haven't the info one the 1DX, is it using an E4 or E19 batt?

take care

stu

My 1DX Battery is LP-E4N and the charger is LC-E4N.

Im guessing the MK 3 has a different set up again lol.

The LP-E19 batteries delivered with the 1DxMkII don't fit on the LC-E4 and don't charge on it when modified to fit.
You can charge LP-E4/4N's on the new charger but not the other way around.

You can of course use LP-E4/4N's in the 1DxMkII but with some minor performance limitations.

Back