Can anybody help.

sawman

Private James Frazer
Edit My Images
No
Hello folks. Feel I have been around long enough now to ask if any of you can do me a big favour.
Since I was a boy (long time ago) I have wanted to see an English chalk stream & have never yet done it.
Have any of you got any pics you could post? I would like very much to see them as there is something about the clear water that I like.
Thanks in advance.
Charlie

wow just googled chalk stream as I had never heard of them before. Hope someone has some pics!

Amazing things chalk streams. Remember a prog on telly years ago about fishing on them. The water was so clear you could actually see the fish. These lads were using barbless hooks so they could return the fish to the water. All sorts of insect life on chalk streams that are found nowhere else I believe.

First time I've ever heard of one - seems there are a fair few in Hampshire, so I may make it a mission one day to go out and find one for you :)

There are quite a few in my area (edge of Chilterns) , I'll try and find some photogenic ones

It seems the River Piddle is a chalk stream too.... but I think that's best left WELL alone!!! :puke: :D :LOL:

It seems the River Piddle is a chalk stream too.... but I think that's best left WELL alone!!! :puke: :D :LOL:

You contributing to it?

Seems there are a few good folk out there who are going to try to keep me entertained. One day I will take a visit south & maybe have a walk by the side of one of these streams.
Its on my "to do" list.

The little beck in the village I live in is really clear but dont think its one of these chalk steams...still very pretty though. Never seen any fish in it though.

Back