Can anyone ID this mount?

Name
Morris
Edit My Images
Yes
I picked up a Sigma 24mm F/2.8 Super-Wide II AF but have no idea what the mount is?

I can confirm it is not Olympus OM nor is it Pentax K or M42.

Ta!
20210408_224456.jpg
20210408_224514.jpg

Pretty sure that looks like Pentax mount
Yes relative positions of all the features (red dot, locking hole, contacts, aperture readout, AF screw & stop down lever) are identical. more specifically it's a PKA autofocus variant (probably KA2).

FWIW OM mount is easily recognised by the two buttons either side of the rear of the lens (lens release & DOF preview). M42 is slightly trickier as there is a T2 thread with the same 42mm OD but a finer pitch. Some adapter rings even label T2 threads as M42 (technically they are M42x0.75 while Pentax screw is M42x1)

Last edited:
Yes relative positions of all the features (red dot, locking hole, contacts, aperture readout, AF screw & stop down lever) are identical. more specifically it's a PKA autofocus variant (probably KA2).

FWIW OM mount is easily recognised by the two buttons either side of the rear of the lens (lens release & DOF preview). M42 is slightly trickier as there is a T2 thread with the same 42mm OD but a finer pitch. Some adapter rings even label T2 threads as M42 (technically they are M42x0.75 while Pentax screw is M42x1)

Thank you for the detailed information. I hadn't realised that I had both my OM adapters on the table in front of me, thinking one was a PK. So when neither fit I came to the obvious conclusion...which turned out to be I'm an idiot :LOL:

Back