Can Anyone Recommend a Budget Compact?

Name
April 2008
Edit My Images
No
...that I can get for my Mum's birthday.

Requirements are a. über simple to use with the less knobs the better and b. a nice big lcd screen so she can see what she's taking a picture of. Other than that, it's really just a case of the best possible quality (noise and colour reproduction) for the money. Images would largely be viewed on PC screen, or printed out max A5 size.

Think that about covers it. Not sure if anyone will be able to advise at this end of the market, but thought it was worth a speculative post.

Thanks in advance.

Budget is flexible... If i can get something ok for £100 i'll be pleased, but if the advice is to spend more then i'll consider that too.

Canon Ixus is my recommendation. The Ixus 75 has a really big screen and takes superb shots but is a little over budget ~130 quid. The older Ixus 70 with a smaller screen (still big though) can be got for about £110.

Canon Ixus is my recommendation. The Ixus 75 has a really big screen and takes superb shots but is a little over budget ~130 quid. The older Ixus 70 with a smaller screen (still big though) can be got for about £110.

the IXUS 70 and 75 were released at pratically the same time and contain practically the same electronics just different body's, the 70 being ultra compact and th 75 being a standard compact.

In this situation I'd recomend the 75 like you have or if you want to save a few quid one of the fuji A series which are very good for the money and easy for 'older' less technical people to handle.

Back