Can anyone recommend a good place to purchase stretcher bars to mount printed canvas?

Edit My Images
Yes
I'm not sure if this is allowed? But if so, can anyone recommend a good place to order stretcher bars to mount canvas?

lionpic.co.uk

also have a look at www.warehouseexpress.com - they do the Hannamhule (spelling?) gallery system - which gives very well stretched canvases... more expensive - but for small volumes - ideal!

Thanks for the links, that Hahnemuhle mounting system looks pretty ace, but seems really expensive! Especially as most of the listings on the warehouse website is for 2 bars and you'll need 4 bars for each canvas + braces depending on if canvas is larger than 20" (+ initial cost of corner kit etc) if I'm right?

If got got 2 sets of these would I also need a certain type of glue and anything else apart from a staple gun just to get me started? I'll be printing onto polyester canvas which if I understand it right doesn't really 'stretch' as such, it just needs to be pulled taught around the bars.

Last edited:
to be honest forget the expensive methods.
do a search on youtube, there are hundreds of vids to show how to make your own frames etc.
I dont see the point paying out for the expense of some of these systems when some glue, a staple gun, a saw and some wood is all you need.

Fuji do something called 'wunderbars'

arty folk do various grades of stretcher bars. you can even make your own from 2x2 etc

Cheers DJS, I talked to them on the phone yesterday and their prices seem reasonable. Have ordered some bars to experiment with.

Back