Beginner Can anyone tell me the best TIME of the year to shoot Corfe Castle?

Name
Martin
Edit My Images
No
Can anyone tell me the best TIME of the year to shoot Corfe Castle? I've seen topics on here covering locations which are great but i suppose timing has to be perfect.

What sort of shot do you want from there? It's a great sunrise location for mist, which is best September/October but you can get mist pretty much any time of the year if the conditions are right.

Thanks Stumeech. I guess the only hard thing to do is catch it in just the right weather conditions.
I really would like either a sunrise or sunset image.

Like all landscape photography, it'll be a case of going a few times before you get what you want. I've been so many times now and still don't have the mist shot!

Like all landscape photography, it'll be a case of going a few times before you get what you want. I've been so many times now and still don't have the mist shot!
I agree - anyway I would suggest you need to go first just to sort out where you need to be and more importantly how you are going to get there.

You can use something like the Photographer's Ephemeris to work out the best time of year to have the sun in a particular place given where you might want to be standing, but as has been said, you'll need to go a few, maybe many, times to get the right weather conditions you are looking for.

A quick browse of a site such as Flickr or 500px, may give you an idea of the time of year (and time of day) to get the photo you are looking for.

ImageUploadedByTalk Photography Forums1452078886.298861.jpg

As said before...... There are two hills! Ones good for set and other good for rise I've been trying for 6 years to get mist! Never have I shot it misty ....

This was sunrise on Boxing Day 2010

Last edited:
Back