Can I create my own stationary for Mail (Mac) or have better signatures?

Name
Simon
Edit My Images
Yes
Using Mail on my Macbook.

I would like to create a signature - however Mail only lets you use basic text (as far as I can see), having real problems doing cut and paste from Pages. Have created a 'banner' with black background and white and red text but black wont copy across?

Ideas?

Mail does that for a good reason. Custom signatures are not a good idea and can be extremely unreliable. You can't guarantee that it'll look the same in all email clients and browsers. I'd recommend keeping it as basic text or at the most use a web safe font.

If you must have the image in your email you could try hosting the image on the internet and using HTML code in your signature to display the image....

Trouble is mail won't even let you do bold or anything simple like that, surely that will look fine in any browser? All I really want to do is a bit of bold and have some text red.

How strange!

My next three tips explain just how to do special HTML signatures in Mail.

I will post them early for you :)

Done, they are now in the thread....

Tip 357 - MacOS[170] - Mail Signature.
Tip 358 - MacOS[171] - Moving Mail Signatures to other computers.
Tip 359 - MacOS[172] - HTML Mail Signatures.

eg.

TIP359a.PNG

If you must have the image in your email you could try hosting the image on the internet and using HTML code in your signature to display the image....

This is not straight forward in Mail and requires a little messing :) see above!

Thanks Darren, unfortunately HTML confuses the hell out of me :shake:

Thanks Darren, unfortunately HTML confuses the hell out of me :shake:

No need to worry though. There are loads of HTML editor that you CAN use! WORD is one. Just create you signature in word and save as HTML then follow my instructions in the thread to create the ".webarchive" file and its done :)

If you still have problems just PM me with what you are after and I'll see what I can do.

Didnt realise you could save as HTML, that doesnt sound too bad so will give it a try later.

useful thread, thing is when i use websafe fonts in my mac mail emails I still get them back transformed into something awakward like times new roman
my graceful arial or verdana lost even though supposedly 'web safe'

anyone know a work around ?

cheers
ed

Design your signature in Photoshop and save as an image this avoids font problems. Then the HTML will be easier or alternatively save the word you want as an image.

Back