can this be fixed?

Edit My Images
Yes
3443761191_b99484b654_o.jpg

Left this Sigma 100-300mm f/4.5-6.7 DL attached to a Minolta 404si SLR only for one of the dogs to knock it off the side trying to get to the bin :(

As you can see, the actually plastic connector ring has snapped in 2 places. The lens itself does work but you have to pull it back against the body for it to do so.

Sigma will charge £56 to repair a lens I can get off ebay for £35 so it won't be going to them. now, the minolta is an old camera, but it's film and i'd like to be able to keep it all in working order just in case I ever need a basic film camera (it only has preset functions on it)

Questions: Can this be repaired by myself? if so, is it just a case of finding a new connector and screwing it on? Perhaps stealing it off a broken sigma lens?

Would it be possible to get an adapter to make this fit my D60 & would it even work on it if I could make it fit? I know it wouldn't provide great quality shots but if I could then I could glue the adapter to the lens and use it purely on the D60 for wildlife shots.

Or, just put the lot on ebay for £30-40/give it away??

1. I know nothing about Sigma or Nikon
if you accept this disclaimer read on...

I would buy the cheapest crappiest (Sigma) lens that fits the camera
remove the screws that look as if they hold on the broken part
and fit to your unwell lens
test carefully

but what do I know :nuts:

I would not try any sort of adaptor or lash up to make that lens work.

Looks like if you take out the 4 securing screws holding the broken bayonet mount you'll then see if any other parts are involved.
Problem will be getting a part to replace the broken one.

Surprised the Sigma price is only £56. Camera repairers don't usually work cheap.

Get the mini screwdriver out and see what is beneath the broken mounting ring. What have you got to lose? Worst scenario is you can't do anything with it so you take it to get repaired. Best result is you can see that it is quite easy to replace the mounting ring then follow the advice as per mmcp42

....I would buy the cheapest crappiest (Sigma) lens that fits the camera remove the screws that look as if they hold on the broken part and fit to your unwell lens...

Back