Can you find me a Canon 40D + 2 lens for 600 pound?

D

del69

Is this possible, Canon 40D + 2 lens for 600 pound?

I know this may be a dream but just maybe one of you may know where i can pick this little bundle up.OR if its just the one lens, an all rounder as they say..

Yeeer right i hear you say...... but its got be worth a try.

ThanX

Del.

I think there's one over there, next to the flying pig ;)

(you have no idea how tempting it was to rickroll this thread :D )

Seriously though, I doubt you'll get anything new for that money. And if you do they'll have two customers ;)

yep canon 40d from kerso, £450 after cashback (i think)

nify fifty- (£57)

kit lens- ebay (£35)

Sigma 70-300mm (£60)

thats £602!

If you have a budget of £600, get a 400D and spend £300 on better quality lenses

yourapocalypse :LOL::LOL:

Well i did expect one or two flying pigs but hey what the hell....like i always say
If you don't ask you'll never know......

Q is the EF-S 18-55mm IS is it a good starting lens for the 40D? this will be my first step in DSLR world.

Plus not really sure what the 18-55mm means/if somebody could be so kind to explain in basic terms...

Cheers Del.

The 18 - 55mm is the level of zoom available so you will have quite a wide angle of view on the 18mm but can zoom in to 55mm to get even closer to the subject.

The other thing to note is that the 40d is a 1.6 crop sensor so 18mm becomes 29 and 55mm becomes 88mm when compared to standard 35mm film lens.

And yes it will suffice for the short term as a lens until you find your feet and decide what sort of pictures you want to take.

The 18 - 55mm is the level of zoom available so you will have quite a wide angle of view on the 18mm but can zoom in to 55mm to get even closer to the subject.

The other thing to note is that the 40d is a 1.6 crop sensor so 18mm becomes 29 and 55mm becomes 88mm when compared to standard 35mm film lens.

And yes it will suffice for the short term as a lens until you find your feet and decide what sort of pictures you want to take.

It's an EF-S lens though. So no crop.

No it does still crop, the focal length is still the same. So has the 1.6x effect

Q is the EF-S 18-55mm IS is it a good starting lens for the 40D? this will be my first step in DSLR world.

Plus not really sure what the 18-55mm means/if somebody could be so kind to explain in basic terms...

Cheers Del.

I really think you should get a mix of the 400D and a better lens than this. You'll soon be wanting to change it, trust me

Ok Thank you all for your input.

So if i was to go down the 400D path and maybe pick one up for 300 pound.

I would need maybe two lenses,one for catching birds in flight and one for landscapes.(300 pound)

Having said this,if i had these two lenses could i use them for other situations or is it a lens for a job.

Cheers

Whilst you could, doesn't mean you should. The 40D is a classy camera and to get the best out of it needs classy lenses. The 18-55 kit lens and a 70-300 Sigma would get you started, but be prepared to invest similar amount again in the future on lenses

In my eyes, and i'm sure many others, your money will be better spent on a lesser or older body and better lenses.

Image Quality comes down primarily to glass quality as opposed to the body....

Or an intention of upgrading lenses soon after purchase.

And as already mentioned an EF-S lens does crop.

Whilst you could, doesn't mean you should. The 40D is a classy camera and to get the best out of it needs classy lenses. The 18-55 kit lens and a 70-300 Sigma would get you started, but be prepared to invest similar amount again in the future on lenses

I'd just like to add that I thought that the 18-55mm kit lens from my 350D was appalling on my 40D. I know it's a cheap lens, but at least it was "satisfactory" on my 350D.

If you're going for a 40D, you need better glass than basic kit lenses, in my opinion of course.

Steve

Back