Canada - Thompson River, Seton and Duffey Lakes - BC

RobertP

TPer Emeritus
Name
Robert
Edit My Images
Yes
We left Jasper and drove to Kamloops as a one night stop to break the journey to Whistler. The road from Jasper to Kamloops was dull and Kamloops town was very dull. Next day we set off for Whistler not expecting to see too much on the way. Fortunately we were wrong and the road became quite scenic.

Thompson River
thomriv01.jpg

Further up with the river in the valley hidden on the left.
thomriv02.jpg

Then there was Seton Lake which would have been even better if a train had gone by.
seton01.jpg

There was a creek running out from Duffey lake the name of which I don't know.
duf01.jpg

It got wider further up. I walked through some trees and was looking at what I thought might be bear tracks in the soft mud when a helicopter headed down stream towards me. 17-40L is not ideal for aircraft shots.
duf02.jpg

Then it took a great interest in the bank not far from me. I didn't see anything but I was looking carefully as I went back through the trees!
duf03.jpg

Bit of a logjam at the exit of Duffey Lake. The guy on the logs gives an idea of scale but not fully. Some tree trunks I walked out on were easily 3 feet in diameter.
duf04.jpg

This is about where he was looking down stream
duf05.jpg

But the view the other way wasn't too bad either!
duf06.jpg

Another excellent set Robert, loving the Canada Story.

Oh, and maybe it was called Duffey Lake Creek... ;)

Speaking from a tourist point of view of course. I could see it was a thriving town. Very car based and walking anywhere was very difficult. Traffic system seemed to take you out of the way and it was difficult to get to see the river.
No doubt it would be different if you knew your way around.

Back