Canary Wharf

Name
Bernard
Edit My Images
Yes
Some very interesting shots and very good attempts at capturing different perspectives.

The second shot is the stand out shot for me. Is well exposed with strong colours. I like the angle of shot and lens with the perfect perspective. The only minor crit I have is that the very top of the building has just been cut off and i'd have liked a small gap to sky.

The first is a good attempt with the clock and buildings. For me, it is just a bit too busy in the bottom right and is spoiled a little with the parasols. I'd try cropping off the right and making it a portrait or square shot to see if that improves it any.

What a really really nice set! The PP is outstanding.
Ordinarily tilted shots don't do much for me but I am really liking these.

Some very interesting shots and very good attempts at capturing different perspectives.

The second shot is the stand out shot for me. Is well exposed with strong colours. I like the angle of shot and lens with the perfect perspective. The only minor crit I have is that the very top of the building has just been cut off and i'd have liked a small gap to sky.

The first is a good attempt with the clock and buildings. For me, it is just a bit too busy in the bottom right and is spoiled a little with the parasols. I'd try cropping off the right and making it a portrait or square shot to see if that improves it any.

Thanks for the comments :) Much appreciated. I hear what you are saying about the second image ito chopping off the top of the building (or not leaving enough space at the top). I was so focused on getting the whole building (or as much as possible in that I did not check the actual image preview well enough. I was thinking to retry the shot on another nice sunny day.

I have also uploaded a different version of the clock picture. Is this more the kind of shot you would prefer?

Canary Wharf by photobernard, on Flickr

What a really really nice set! The PP is outstanding.
Ordinarily tilted shots don't do much for me but I am really liking these.

Thanks Ruth :) Your comments are much appreciated

Yes, a much cleaner version..scale, angles and clear contrasting shapes work really well for me (y)

Very nice shots. Good job.

What I want to know is, did any of those Security guards approached you asking you to stop? When I was there I got told off.

Nice perspective, like these but shame the sky wasn't a deeper blue that day.

Yes, a much cleaner version..scale, angles and clear contrasting shapes work really well for me (y)

Very nice shots. Good job.

What I want to know is, did any of those Security guards approached you asking you to stop? When I was there I got told off.

Yes they did. Because Canary Wharf is a private estate, you are on private property. They do however let people with compacts (or obvious tourist) do their thing, but if you have some serious gear that might look professional you are more than likely to get stopped.
As I was doing a trial shoot with them in order to become one of their preferred photographers I had a permit, but I know you can write to their press office to obtain a permit - even just for personal photography. I did that 2 years ago when I needed to take some photos for a photography project.

Nice perspective, like these but shame the sky wasn't a deeper blue that day.

Thanks :) I did take these shots during (and just after) sunrise - which might explain the non-deep blue sky. To get a lot of the angles I had to stand in the middle of the road, so I needed to go when I knew there won't be a lot of traffic or people around :p

Back