Candids From Castlerigg

Just Dave

In Memoriam
Name
Dave
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi

A couple of candids from my visit to the lakes with Russell, Mark and John, this young lady was having her photo taken so I took the opportunity to get a couple of shots

3102168547_9e1dd01dea_o.jpg

3103002024_1e444e30d7_o.jpg

Dave

Spanish lady in the Lakes, not too many of them in December. I prefer #2 where you have the complete shadows too, a better angle for the lady and a mountain backdrop. I like this technique of taking images of someone who is posing for another tog, but from a different angle.

Aaaah, that would explain why it doesn't look candid. Nice shot, although I can't help thinking that it would have been better without the lady :shrug: More concentrated on the wonderful stones and BG.

Thanks Russell and V8burble, (y) Ive got loads of shots of the stones going to post some later from my day out with Russell, Mark and John

Just seen these Dave ;) (thank you Virgin Media for being down 24 hrs :))

#2 is the pick of these two - I like the shadow and bg in that one!

:)

Well, Dave, I know nothing about candids, so will only say that I like number 2 better specifically because the lighting on the young woman's face is better, without the heavy shadows seen in number 1. I would think that some PP could help with the glare/blown highlights along the model's cheekbone and bridge of her nose, and to give her a more pleasing skin tone. (Looks as though the cold had taken her complexion from ruddy to just plain red. LOL)

I've never taken a good candid...and darn few good posed shots, so take my comments with a grain of salt.

Thanks Hunter, the lady was just posing for her friend, so I took a couple of cheeky shots, dont think they noticed thats why I said candid in the title, she was posing but for someone else, (y)

Back