Candids!

Name
Edward Bray
Edit My Images
Yes
Went to a local theme park today with the grandchildren, took various candid shots of the children there at play.

Used 70-200L IS and 100-400L IS on 30D body. Only PP was image cropping.

Comments more than welcome!

Boycrop.jpg

Boycrop2.jpg

Cobycrop.jpg

Lucuscrop.jpg

GirlCrop.jpg

Girlcrop2.jpg

Last edited:
I think you will find a lot of people will not touch this thread - sad but true, but don't take it a reflection of the photos though.

You read my mind!
That means the b'stards have won how sad is that?
Nice images 3 & 5 stand out for me and kudos to you for taking them (y)

I think you will find a lot of people will not touch this thread - sad but true, but don't take it a reflection of the photos though.

Sad reflection on today's society. It is a pity that we are losing the opportunity to capture the innocense of children at play, as I personally think this is where you really see the childs character coming out.

I dont tend to comment on other people's photo's as I dont class myself as good enough to be able to criticise others.

However I thought I should say I do like these, however none of them jump out as great photo's.

There you go thats 1 less person that is defeated by the inability to separate perversion from photography.

I like number 2, the others don't really do alot for me 3 would have been alot better if someone hadn't put the yellow thing in the way but thats not really your fault.

PS brave man with a telephoto out within a mile of some kids!

Surely we can comment on these with the knowledge that the OP was presumably not taking them with anything other than innocent photo-taking intentions?

I really like the third one - captures the cheekiness of a kid playing!

and definitely kudos to you for being brave enough to take them...its a sad fact of modern day life that i for one probably wouldnt be brave enough to attempt it, due to the suspicions of people and the kind of society we now live in!

Last edited:

an excellent way to get the post count up(y)

nice candids, quite like them.

I like number 2, the others don't really do alot for me 3 would have been alot better if someone hadn't put the yellow thing in the way but thats not really your fault.

PS brave man with a telephoto out within a mile of some kids!

Thanks all for your comments, I would have happily shown anyone who asked what I had been taking, I think that if too many people just bow to this unforced censorship it will become the norm.

The yellow thing was the cab frame of the tractor he was playing in!

I dont tend to comment on other people's photo's as I dont class myself as good enough to be able to criticise others.
then reply to the one's you like,

me i have a similar problem,but knowing how to say what looks good to me!

as for kids photos' bring em on,this is a photography talk forum after all,

ypu get rid of the booger lol

sadly had to delete a couple of shots last week, unhappy parents, even though i offered to email them copies, and trying to explain you're not a perv to a french woman(when your french sucks) is great fun...........not

Back