Cannock Chase

Edit My Images
Yes
I'm usually not one for landscapes (prefer macro and such like :)) but this winter I've forced myself to do a few early mornings at a local beauty spot called Cannock Chase...

.. and it was quite enjoyable :D

Bigger versions are on Flickr. C&C welcome!

Great shot's.. bet it was cold !!!!

Yep. I agree....the first one makes me want to be there and that's always the sign of a good shot.

Bob

Top stuff, I must get down to Cannock chase it isn;t far from me. I never realised it could look so nice. Keep up the good work, maybe you should branch out into a bit more landscape work?

I like #1 for the colours and #4 for the moodiness. I like them both for the composition and framing, something I'm working on.

:) Steve

You've made the most of some great light light in them woods (y)

Stunning! Some of the best

Very good...(y)

:thinking: Have you any pictures of the German War Graves Cemetery on the Chase?

I was born and raised within spitting distance of Cannock Chase, so spent a lot of time there as a kid, but didn't really appreciate it till I moved away. Strange isn't it?

The Chase is designated an area of 'Outstanding Natural Beauty' which it undoubtedly is, but I've always found it very difficult photographically, being in the main either rolling heathland or regimented fir plantations, so I think Richard has done well with these shots. (y)

Looking again at these pics it makes me want to travel up to Cannock Chase and spend a whole day, ie. sunrise to sunset and have a picnic basket etc, sounds like a good day out to me.

Back