Canon 1000F > 1000D accessory compatability

Edit My Images
No
In the hope that xmas will see a 1000D under the tree I've been in the loft checking out my old camera stuff. Can anyone confirm my perceptions of whether things will be compatable and suitable...

Original lenses - EF35-80 1:4-5.6 and EF 75-300 1:4-5.6 Ultra sonic, if my understanding is correct the 1.6 cropping factor will extend the zoom factor of both of these, leaving me without a wide angle lens. Hence I will need to by the 1000D with the standard lens to fix this. Neither of the older lenses have IS, is this too much of a problem and can anyone say what their new equivilent focal lengths will be?

Original flash 430EZ - I have no idea how compatible this will be. The optimist in me hope it will simply go on the shoe and work..?

Both by old lenses have HOYA Skylight 1B filter on the front - partly as protection for the lens itself. Is it right to put a similar filter on the new lens?

Advise and comments very much appreciated, Ian

the 430ez will work off camera. I have a 350d which i can get my 430ez to work on camera but only in manual mode both on the camera and on the flash. Not sure about the rest sorry

Thanks, can I just check my understanding of on and off camera. I do have a slave shoe and camera shoe mount with cable between. I get the impression the camera will fire the flash be everything needs to worked out manually - is this correct?

Thanks Ian

Back