Canon 100mm f2.8 macro

Name
Ben Gilbert
Edit My Images
No
Just brought one of these, and am awaiting delivery. Just after peoples thoughts really, ive heard its a good lens, and it will be my first proper dedicated macro lens. Any shots taken with this particular lens would be worth seeing also. (y)

Don't own one, but had a play with one recently. As an owner of a set of macro tubes, I found the 100mm to be much easier to use and the resultant images looked lovely.
Let me put it like this, the 100mm is top of the list for my next lens and if I make it to the US later this year, will definitely be falling into a shopping bag.

i owned 1 and regret selling it its pin sharp and very fast fucusing just wasnt what i wanted at the time

One of the sharpest non-L Canon lenses on the market. It's not just great for macro. It makes a wonderful (if slightly long on a crop body) portrait lens.

You'll have a blast with it. Superb choice!

George.

It's absolutely awesome! Superb for macro and great for portraits too! (y)

You're going to love it! :D

Forgot to add, a few samples:

Not great shots, but you get the idea!

Love that first shot chris. (y) Hopefully when it arrives you will see a bit more from me in the macro/close up section. Ive got a few ideas I want to try out, ive been watching the Bryan Petereson tutorials, he has given me alot of ideas also.

Waiting for Kerso to return from hols to order my Canon 100, can't wait :)

It's absolutely awesome! Superb for macro and great for portraits too! (y)

You're going to love it! :D

Forgot to add, a few samples:

Not great shots, but you get the idea!

That first shot is great.

I've had mine for a few days but haven't got to use it much. I was going bug hunting at the weekend but it started raining and before that the sun wasn't bright enough for me to get a decent depth of focus without flash. (flash is next on my list.)

Playing around with it I took this which I think shows the potential (considering this is a 58mm lens cap.)

IMG_0566.JPG

with my limited skill these are 2 i took the spider was in complete darkness with on board flash

IMG_4021.jpg

IMG_4035.jpg

as i say i regret selling it now

Back