Canon 10d Problem - Image Review

smooth

Threebrows
Name
Matt
Edit My Images
Yes
Hey All!

Just a quickie - a relatives Canon 10d has a strange problem - the LCD on the back of the camera is displaying the pictures that have been taken in a strange manor - the colours are almost like infra-red.

The pictures are completely fine when loaded onto a PC.

Im thinking it might be a setting?

Many thanks in advance for your replies.:thinking:

I'm not aware of any setting that can do this.

From the description you give it sounds like a camera LCD problem, since they are fine when on the PC. Do the menus look OK or is it just the jpg review that causes grief?

Could it be that you are actually seeing a picture style on the jpg which is shown on the screen. they are set in the menu system.
Then when the image is opened in a non canon software, picture styles are not used, so you see the actual picture you shot, not an altered one as shown on the LCD.

thanks for your reply guys. I have just got a chance to see the problem for myself and it is far worse - random grey lines all over the menu system. Looks like a dodge LCD screen/contact. Does anyone know of a 10d firmware update that could fix?

Awww feel sorry for the guy :shrug::(

Could it be that you are actually seeing a picture style on the jpg which is shown on the screen. they are set in the menu system.
Then when the image is opened in a non canon software, picture styles are not used, so you see the actual picture you shot, not an altered one as shown on the LCD.

I don't think you get the option for picture styles on the 10d. at least i don't get any on mine I don't think

I don't think you get the option for picture styles on the 10d. at least i don't get any on mine I don't think

It was an addon for a lot of cameras, its a long time since i used a 10d, maybe it was in dpp you could apply it to the 10d, I forget as i have used loads of different cameras, and dont use picture styles myself

Back