Canon 1d series shutter actuations

Name
john
Edit My Images
Yes
I am looking at a second hand 1D series body, can anybody tell me how to get the No.of actuations ? I think it's a low count judging by the condition, but I would like to get some verification. - just to make life difficult I'm looking at it today, so quickly if you please. :clap:

I think if you look at the exif of the last picture it has taken you can see in there....

Although I think this needs a specific exif program....try googling it...

Thanks you both fo a very speedy reply. I have found an old thread in the meantime, a free download called EXIF-O-Matic. I've tried it and it works just fine, my 1DmkIIn had done 5576 actuations, I then took 9 shots & redid it, this time showing 5785 actuations. :clap:

I think it's a typo with the hundreds hehe

OK the maths is a trifle out, never was my strong point, but believe me the numbers did add up at the time. Done the process again now on the new 1DmkIIn that I have bought today, 5576 when tried in shop, (wait for it) - now done 5577,I took one picture just to try it. Now I can't be sure, but I think that this is correct, but I checked it on the calculator for confirmation. :woot: (BTW I took lots of shots yesterday when first looking at it, not just this one.)

Back