canon 300d + 28-90mm prices

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all

in this months Photography Monthly's "favourite SLR's" section they have the canon 300d + 28-90mm priced at £210. I have seen this price quoted before in mags.

But i cant find it anywhere for under £400. Does anyone know where i should look?

Hi Lumpster - can't really help. Looks like the only place you might get it for £200+ is Ebay.

regards

stepheno said:
Hi Lumpster - can't really help. Looks like the only place you might get it for £200+ is Ebay.

Yeah, thats what i have been looking at... I might email the mag itself, see if they can point me in the right direction. I see this a lot, when magazines review products they have "street prices" that are loads lower than anything i can find online.

thanks for responding Stepheno :)

It's got to be second-hand - the 300d went out of production a while back...

you sure its not the 300x?
the 300x is a 35mm camera, its been supplied with that lens for £210 for ages now. the 300d has never been bundled with that lens as part of a proper canon kit.

Ahh trip i bet youre right! will have to have another look at the mag tomorrow. That would explain my confusion.:thinking:

I said on another thread that i dont read things through properly:wacky: :bang:

yep your right. its the 300X... I'll get me coat
:exit:

Bah - beat me to it,

See here

Its the older lens that gives it away.

Thanks warspite. I really am a Muppet. Still looks like a nice camera :)

I was telling my friend to get one as well yesterday, will have to brake the news to him that I got it wrong. But hey, he knows me well, so will not be surprised ;)

Back