Canon 30D Macro Lens Help!

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all. Hope you're all having a good evening :)

I want to invest in a macro lens for my Canon 30D. Any suggestions? (&a price to go with it ;))

I'll second that. Have been considering a macro lens and after reading reviews, posts etc, I'm 99% sure this is what I will buy.

Currently it's £316.99 from one-stop. It maybe worth emailing Kerso for his price on it, too. :)

Kerso has it sub £300 I'm pretty sure.

Yep, it's not on his e-bay site at the mo but I'd imagine he would be cheaper than one-stop. He usually is.

Kerso quoted me £275 for the Canon 100mm F2.8 Macro 6 days ago, not sure if changes in exchange rate have affected that price, but the lens is also in the current cashback promo to - £40 off IIRC, so bringing it to £235 or so :)

Gary

Unlike other lenses there is really not a huge difference between Canon, Sigma or Tamron macro lenses, they all produce great IQ, I personally have the Canon 100mm but whatever you choose it won't dissapoint you.

Kerso quoted me £275 for the Canon 100mm F2.8 Macro 6 days ago, not sure if changes in exchange rate have affected that price, but the lens is also in the current cashback promo to - £40 off IIRC, so bringing it to £235 or so :)

Gary

Messaged him now to see whether it'll be up for sale soon.

Where's the current cashback promo?

Cheers.

Messaged him now to see whether it'll be up for sale soon.

Where's the current cashback promo?

Cheers.

Email Kerso for better prices than his Ebay ones.

Canon cashback details are HERE.

I have the Sigma 70mm macro - I'd recommend it too!

You've got recommendations from 70mm to 150mm but you haven't said what type of subjects you want shoot !

Bob

HI, I have an EF-S 60mm macro lens which I use on my 30D and have found it a very good prime lens as well, with the 60mm returning a true 1:1 ratio in macro mode. I have attached an image taken recently to demonstrate its image quality on the 30D :
IMG_7751.jpg

Hope this helps ! :)

Back