Canon 350D firmware update

S

Steve

This firmware update incorporates the following improvements:

• Fixes the phenomenon of extreme underexposure when using some lenses.
  • Fixes the phenomenon of auto power off function failure when auto power off is set more than 2 minutes.
  • Fixes the phenomenon of incorrect white balance when using an external flash.
This firmware update applies to cameras with firmware versions up to 1.0.1 installed. By installing this update, the above phenomena will be fixed, and the affected cameras can be used without these problems.

The updated firmware and full instructions can be found here

Installed it as soon as it was released but didn't experience any of the problems it fixed previously.
I know of someone who just bought a new 350d with 1.0.2 pre-installed and is having problems with intermittent freezing.
Anyone else heard of this?

Oops... I heard about this update about a month ago & posted it on another forum... I still haven't loaded it on as I haven't had any probs with it as it is & was waiting just in case something like this started happening. Perhaps I'll wait for 1.0.3 to come out with the fix for the timer switch that I keep accidentally selecting :icon_roll

Bachs said:
I know of someone who just bought a new 350d with 1.0.2 pre-installed and is having problems with intermittent freezing.
Anyone else heard of this?

I have not heard of any freezing issues with the 350D but I was aware of similar issues experienced by some 20D owners a while ago. Canon did release a firmware upgrade that addressed the 20D issue and I believe that on the whole it was effective.

Do you have any more info as to under what circumstances the 350D's had locked up, what modes where they in, where they using Canon lenses, any extension tubes or converters, full batteries, flat batteries, original or third party batteries?? All these variables could potentially cause a lockup and it may not be due to the camera, on the other hand it could simply be a glitch in the firmware as was the case with the 20D.

Steve said:
Do you have any more info as to under what circumstances the 350D's had locked up, what modes where they in, where they using Canon lenses, any extension tubes or converters, full batteries, flat batteries, original or third party batteries?? All these variables could potentially cause a lockup and it may not be due to the camera, on the other hand it could simply be a glitch in the firmware as was the case with the 20D.

Fully charged Canon battery, Kingston 1gb CF card, Sigma 18-128? lens, TV, AV or P mode and it happens completely randomly.
I believe he is ringing Canon to see if they are aware.
I'll post back if he finds the answer.

Back