Canon 380ex Speedlite

Name
Laura
Edit My Images
Yes
I know this flash is rather old, but I have the chance to pick one up for £50, so I was just wondering if it'll be fully compatible with my 350d?

Its a bit dated by flash standards of today but if it does what you need £50 aint so bad.
It wont be as powerful as the Sigma 500 you already have

specs available HERE

Below shows how the different speedlite models work with the 350D

External Speedlite

Compatability: fully compatible with EX-series Speedlites; EZ-series Speedlites only operate in manual and stroboscopic modes; flash guns with external metering system (including the Speedlite 480EG) will synchronise at speeds up to 1/200 second; a synchonisation speed of 1/60 second is recommended for studio flash

Flash exposure compensation: can be set on camera up to ±2 stops in 1/3 or 1/2 stop increments; if flash compensation is set both on the camera and on a Speedlite, the Speedlite setting will override the camera setting

Flash exposure bracketing: possible with Speedlites 580EX, 550EX, MR-14EX and MT-24EX

Modelling flash: enabled with Speedlites 580EX, 550EX, 420EX, MR-14EX and MT-24EX; activated by pressing the depth-of-field button; provides 70Hz for 1 second

Wireless flash: enabled with Speedlites 580EX and 550EX (master or slave), 420EX (slave only), MR-14EX and MT-24EX (master only), and ST-E2 (master only)

I only need something basic til I get my 430ex. My Sigma flashgun is in need of repair.

Back