Canon 400d as a replacement for my S9600?

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all,

Im currently using a Fuji S9600 for my hobby & im considering purchasing
a Canon 400d.

Would this be a suitable upgrade or should i be looking elsewhere?

I will have no more than £350 to spend incl postage (maybe a little more).

Thanks in advance.

£350 will be more than enough for a 400D & lens, but I've not got a Fuji S9600 so can't advise you on whether or not the 400D is an upgrade. That said, the 400D is a great camera, I can highly recommend it!! :D

£350 will be more than enough for a 400D & lens, but I've not got a Fuji S9600 so can't advise you on whether or not the 400D is an upgrade. That said, the 400D is a great camera, I can highly recommend it!! :D

Im hoping it will be a good upgrade due to the lens being interchangeable.

Also thanks for recommending it (is that from experience?)

As a first step into the SLR world, the 400/450Ds are fantastic...and you shouldn't have a problem finding a good deal :)

Hi

Just one word of caution, I upgraded from a Powershot G7 to a 400D recently. I got a good deal, but have been extremely disappointed with the blurry kit lens which I have just HAD to replace. Im now happy, but my new lens cost me almost as much as what I paid for the camera! :puke:

so maybe consider spending that little bit more on the 450D as its kit lens is supposed to be a lot sharper, which might save you a bit of money in the long run.

Having said that im already bitten by the bug, and already looking at other lenses including L glass....:help:

so maybe consider spending that little bit more on the 450D as its kit lens is supposed to be a lot sharper, which might save you a bit of money in the long run.

Thanks for that bit of advice,much appreciated & thanks to all for
confirming that it would be a good upgrade (y)

Back