Canon 50D and 24-105 F4 L series lens

The DP Review was pants - I can point you to a load of others with positive conclusions about the 50D, in fact, I think you'd struggle to find another bad one.

There's a lot of retrogade thinking and assumptions being made about 15mp on a crop sensor. Noise has always been associated with pixel density, and the knives were out for the 50D, even before it was launched with people making assumptions about what that density would mean. Let's give Canon the sense to know what they're doing when they launch a new camera onto a highly competitive market. There's a completely new technology employed in the seamless lenses sited over those pixels, which is responsible for the 50D's excellent noise performance - it's called progress. Interestingly, the same doom merchants weren't pouiring cold water on the 21mp of the new IDS MK3. ;)

It isn't just Canon - Nikon and the rest are making huge strides in tackling the noise issue, and all marques are gradually increasing pixel count. 50mp full frame sensors will be a reality before too long, and it isn't necessarily the pointless pixel war between manufacturers which some would label it as long as it brings with it the very real benefits that it has with the 50D - not so obvious for some users admittedly, but a real quantum leap for others.

I've never been happier with any camera than the 50D which is why I have two of them. It's no secret that I tend to do a lot of bird photography where it really excels, but I've also covered a wedding, done some portrait shots as well other general stuff, and not found the camera wanting in any respect, in fact IMHO the camera is so good, that Canon will have to produce something pretty special with the next model for me to contemplate parting with them.

:agree: Amen to that.

My 50D arrives tomorrow so I will be able to see for myself. :woot:

Totally agree with what CT said. I had the 40D, was really happy and was never thinking of upgrading until it went wrong and I had the option to upgrade to the 50D for a little extra.

For me it was a no brainer int he end. All the advantages of the 40D but so much better. I honestly believe my photography has benefited. And the 24-105 L lens is just excellant. I lent mine to a colleague with his 5D mk2 and he went out and bought one shortly afterwards, it's that good.

CT your spot on(y):LOL: 50D :love::love::love: it, best camera in my kit at this time,(y) and some

Back