Canon 50mm F1.2 L V Nifty 50 test

i think that the colours look better on my screen with the f1.2
very nice lens
however 750 more?
for me, no way...for a pro that uses pro kit and it earns money...then yes.
I wouldn't be that happy paying for a wedding photographer using a 50quid lens although the 50mm f1.8 is cracking kit for the money.
I went half hog...I wanted the f1.4 50mm for gig shots. I love it. 200quid ish but so much better build quality than the f1.8 mkII version and nice bokeh

i think that the colours look better on my screen with the f1.2
very nice lens
however 750 more?
for me, no way...for a pro that uses pro kit and it earns money...then yes.
I wouldn't be that happy paying for a wedding photographer using a 50quid lens although the 50mm f1.8 is cracking kit for the money.
I went half hog...I wanted the f1.4 50mm for gig shots. I love it. 200quid ish but so much better build quality than the f1.8 mkII version and nice bokeh
Right on mate , I have both the 1.4 and the 1.2L, admittedly not the EF lenses but the manual focus FD ones( which are the same design ) and I find that aperture for aperture the 1.4 is a better performer, and think the designers have " stretched " the design, and had to use low dispersion glass etc. to control the aberrations caused by stretching it to accommodate the extreme speed of the1.2L.
I much prefer the 1.4, unless I need to shoot black cats in coal cellars.

I have to void this test now.

I have just made some micro adjustments to all my lenses on the Canon 1DMKIII and the 50mm F1.2 L needed a +15 adjustment. The lens is much sharper now all through the F stop range.

I have to void this test now.

I have just made some micro adjustments to all my lenses on the Canon 1DMKIII and the 50mm F1.2 L needed a +15 adjustment. The lens is much sharper now all through the F stop range.

much sharper???
i hope you can quantify that with another review:)
(did you use the micro adjustments on the nifty fifty as well?)

much sharper???
i hope you can quantify that with another review:)
(did you use the micro adjustments on the nifty fifty as well?)

I have sold the Nifty now, wish I still had it to try the
micro adjustments.

Back