Canon 5D New Firmware - won't load.....

Name
Gillian
Edit My Images
Yes
Has anyone here had any problems with updating the firmware to 1.1.1?

I followed the instructions to the tee. Removed lens, put body cap on, full battery, formatted cf card, small cf card (512mb), copied directly onto card (bypassing Windows) and still won't load.

I put the cf card in the camera, selected firmware under the tools menu and pressed Set. The message said Stop as the CF card must contain the new firmware. :thinking: It did/does :bang: it is there in the root directory not a sub directory as advised.

Any ideas Guys? Thanks.

:bang::shrug::bang::shrug:

Has nobody had firmware problems then. H-E-L-P peeps, I am tearing my hair out here!

Put the file in the next directory from the root directory on the card. I had exactly the same problem and error message on my 5D. When I put the file in the next directory it worked fine.

Hi Gilly!
I havent im afraid, but have you tried resetting your camera settigns comopeltey?
I know it is a silly question, but i dont kow what else to suggest?

Put the file in the next directory from the root directory on the card. I had exactly the same problem and error message on my 5D. When I put the file in the next directory it worked fine.

I haven't got a 'Next' Directory - don't do mail order clothes :LOL::LOL::nono: sorry, couldn't resist that one. I will go and have a go at that now. Ta

Gilly, when I look at my card via Windows Explorer I see two directories - one is 'DCIM' and the other is '100EOS5D'. now I can't remember which of those folders I put the file in but it has to be one of them. I have a suspicion it was the 100EOS5D one. One thing is sure, where ever you've put it the camera isn't seeing it :bang:

(and what's wrong with 'NEXT' :bat:)

Just a thought - it might work if you put the file in both folders and let the camera choose (y)

(and what's wrong with 'NEXT' :bat:)

Nuffink. ;)

Aha! done it. Now I could lie and say I copied the download to the directory and all the other sub-folders and it worked. Well, in a way it did. ......however, after reading the instructions again (I know, I know) I did not extract the firmware update once I had downloaded it. My fault. It is far too late for me to be doing teccie things like this.

Anyway, thanks for coming to my rescue.(y)

Back