Canon 600D video quality

Name
Ben
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi,

Shot this video a few months back and have done a quick edit to ask what people think about the quality of the video?

I'm personally not too happy, my D3100 bought better looking video I think?

I shot this with a Tokina 11-16, was 60fps 720p, 1/120. Exported with Premiere Pro using the vimeo preset using the h264.

I know there are a few dots on the lens which come up on some of the video, so I'll perhaps have to just clean my glass but I don't see how that would have effected it so badly? I need to work on colour correction I think, but the whole video just seems to lack sharpness?

https://vimeo.com/50796123

Any ideas? :)

But I used a Tokina 11-16 so my understanding was that with an appeture of f9+ everything would be in focus?

artyman said:
There is a wide variance in distance to subject so unless you are superhuman I don't see how you would have mainted focus.

A wide lens on a crop sensor and small aperture - shot at f11-16?? It doesn't look odd. Even if he was follow focusing which I doubt, it would have been such a tiny turn of the focus ring.

Looks pretty good.

Wish my D7000 did 60fps, its the ONLY reason I want to upgrade my body :(

Last edited:
Phil Young said:
...Wish my D7000 did 60fps, its the ONLY reason I want to upgrade my body :(

Me too. Would be great if it was just a case of upgrading the firmware...

Looking at it technically.

Your white balance seems to be off.

There's a bit of lens distortion.

From the camera, you have some motion blur some aliasing and possibly some focus issues.

H.264 motion artefacts aren't too bad. But there are areas that are running out of bitrate

Are you sure that you're shooting at 59.97 fps?
Are you sure you're not re-sizing the video?
Are you sure Vimeo is not doing something odd?

Last edited:
Back