CANON 70-200MM 2.8 IS LENS CLICKING SOUND?

Name
adrian
Edit My Images
No
I just bought my new 70-200mm and it makes a clicking sound. I know the whiring sound is normal when the IS is working but I'm not quite sure about the clicking. Mine makes a weird click sound before the IS whiring sound starts and it clicks again when the IS whiring sound stops. Can 70-200mm owners confirm if this is normal or not?? (y)

Can't say I've noticed a "clicking" sound with mine. Different IS lenses have slightly differing sounds but probablydue to the mass of the IS group and correction motor size.

Bob

I'm sure mine did this when I had one
I just put it down to the floating element setup used for IS being unlocked, then locking again when IS stops.

I only get the whirring on mine, I've not noticed any clicking at all with it.

Probably as long as it's working it's OK. With mine you can feel a definite slight jolt as the IS kicks in and also hear it too, in fact that's common to all my IS lenses.

cheers for the reassurance folks (y)
been out with it today :clap: i was wondering if i had spent alot of money for nothing jumping from my sigma 70-200 f2.8 to to the canon 70-200 f2.8 is usm but all i can say is yes its worth it ...what a lens

I notice the clunking and clicking far more on mine when using in portrait mode :thinking:

Back