Canon Battery Grip

Name
David Thomas
Edit My Images
Yes
As I'm just about to receive my 30D I'm already looking at things to get once the bank balance has recovered again. I have seen the Canon battery grip on warehouse express for 109quid, but there's a lot of 'pro grips' on ebay which claim to be exactly the same as the canon one but only costs around 50. Has anyone had any experience with them and what would you all recommend I go for? Cheers in advance! (y)

Dizzy,
I've seen one of the clones and the owner claimed it performed as expected but we both agreed that it was not the same standard as the Canon one. I have two BG-E2's and got one from HongKong through Ebay....£90 inc P&P and it arrived within a week from seller "etefore".
I've bought several items from them and not been disappointed yet.
Bob

that sounds promising!! Anyone know where the best place is to get a spare battery?

Hi Dizzy
those grips you're looking at are chinese.
got one for my 350d works fine
the web site on the box is www.szyxtm.com
bought mine off ebay.com the US site-pay in dollars.. love the exchange rate...
as for batteries try www.7dayshop.com
cheers
:canon:

that's great. Thanks guys!!

Well after having a grip on my 300D and my 20D, I had sort of decided that I wouldn't bother with one on my 5d.

The extra functionality of having another jog dial and shutter release didn't seem worth it for the weight penalty. I'm never too far from A/C power, so the extended battery wasn't a factor.

What a mistake that turned out to be, shooting with the 70-200 f2.8 on was uncomfortable over a long period as the weight of the lens battled with the wrist muscles for control, shooting portrait was harder as your elbow pointed at the sky.

So while wandering down the high street I gave in and bought a grip for the 5, the familiar feeling I had with the 20D set up returned :) although I'm sure the grip is bigger than that of the one fitted to the 20/30/40 series.

The camera looks massive, almost 1 series proportions :eek:

My advice for what it's worth, if you haven't already bought one.....do it now, you'll not feel short changed.

I would always go Canon on these I'm afraid, if you wait, the BG-E2 will no doubt drop in price now it has been superceded by the BG-E2n

Allan

Back