Canon Battery pack BP 300.

Name
fred (frederick)
Edit My Images
Yes
Just been looking at an advert for the Canon BP 300, which is for the Canon EOS 30E. The ad. states it is also suitable for the Canon EOS 50 and 50E. Conversely, does the Canon BP 50 pack, produced for the EOS 50/50E, fit the Canon EOS 30 ?
Anyone have any practical knowledge of this ?

From digging and delving into the specs of both cameras, and their battery packs, it looks as though the BP 300 (for EOS 30) has a shutter button, and at least one other button on the grip.
The BP 50 (for 50E) only has a shutter button. I am now beginning to doubt if the BP 300 could be used with the 50E.
BP 50s are for sale at about £12, whereas the BP 300 are £40-50. So you can see I was trying to save a fair bit of money.

The BP-300 has 2 buttons and a on-off switch - the shutter release button, and the * button (normally af-lock, but can be switched as "back button focus" via CF-4)

I've got the EOS-30 and BP-300, but not the BP50, so hadn't really much to bring to the table, so didn't comment before ;)

theBigYin, Thanks for that. Just missed a BP 300 on ebay this week for a knock-down price. Had it in watch list then did not get on computer for nearly 2 days, and in which time it had disappeared.:crying:

Back