Canon compatible flashes with high speed sync

Name
David
Edit My Images
Yes
Can anyone suggest a good one ideally the same shape as a canon speedlite?

Theres Yongnuo. Mcoplus. Metz and Godox. All make compatable models, I've used the Metz and Mcoplus a lot with Canon and the ones I've used all worked fine. Note some Mcoplus may not be compatable with latest canon cameras. Not sure why but mine doesnt like the 90d, yet works fine on all the others I have.

I use 2 Yongnuo speedlites - YN600EX-RT II
I don't do much HSS, but it worked on the few I tried.

They appear well made and never miss a beat, I've over heated them twice and still keep going.

Last edited:
Nowt to add other than what you mean by ‘compatible’?
If you have older Canon speedlights and rely on the canon near IR communication, then all the above will do.
If you don’t have a preference for communication protocols, all of the above

If you want to play nicely with a Canon ‘radio’ flash then only the Yongnuo 600’s will do.

And if you’ve plans to build a whole set of off camera lighting in future, Godox is the way to go as it has a scalable family of products.

If none of that makes sense, then back to - any of the above will do :)

Nowt to add other than what you mean by ‘compatible’?
If you have older Canon speedlights and rely on the canon near IR communication, then all the above will do.
If you don’t have a preference for communication protocols, all of the above

If you want to play nicely with a Canon ‘radio’ flash then only the Yongnuo 600’s will do.

And if you’ve plans to build a whole set of off camera lighting in future, Godox is the way to go as it has a scalable family of products.

If none of that makes sense, then back to - any of the above will do :)
I meant it doesn't have to be Canon. It is for on camera flash only

Last edited:
I’ve had yongnuo and godox, both good I prefer the godox as Phil mentioned the speed light can form part of a bigger integrated system.

@davholla I just had a thought, don't you have the MF12 Godox macro set?

If you still have it, do as @Phil V and others have said and go Godox, I have the Godox macro and 2 godox studio flashes lovely gear, the YN600EX-RT II I posted above won't work with the Godox trigger and will only fire via slave mode which isn't always possible. I found out the expensive way and now have 2 triggers :headbang: :LOL:

Sorry, I should have picked up on this in my first post.

Just in case it's of any use, their 'own' branded still is Godox :)

@davholla I just had a thought, don't you have the MF12 Godox macro set?

If you still have it, do as @Phil V and others have said and go Godox, I have the Godox macro and 2 godox studio flashes lovely gear, the YN600EX-RT II I posted above won't work with the Godox trigger and will only fire via slave mode which isn't always possible. I found out the expensive way and now have 2 triggers :headbang: :LOL:

Sorry, I should have picked up on this in my first post.
I do I will try that later.

Back