Canon Digital Photo Professional 4 = frustration!

Name
Roger
Edit My Images
No
Does anyone use DPP4? What do you think? I am having issues with it and have emailed Canon and waiting for a response. I have been trying to print tiff files on my Pixma Pro 10 and whenever I select one and go to print it sends me to Print Studio Pro to fine tune and select ICC profiles etc. The problem is when PSP appears there is no image in the print box to print. Also occasionally tiff files do not show in the image gallery. Just wondered if anyone has had problems and if solved I would be very interested to hear. However If I use Adobe Lightroom CC or Photoshop I have no problems. I just want to keep my workflow all Canon if I can. I am running a Mac with OS Monterey. I also have a Canon TS 5050 printer and same applies.

I use DPP because I work with a mixture of Nx-Studio, darktable and GIMP (go figure) and opening a JPG/TIFF with it is the easiest way of feeding PSP, which is excellent. But I wouldn't rate it much otherwise.

After several emails and a phone call from Canon support I have decided DPP is not worth the effort. They asked me if I wanted to pursue the matter and I told them not to bother. I can use Print Studio Pro as a LR plugin and it works well so still don't understand why DPP is so difficult to work with. Canon told me that of all the many users with DPP I am the only one that they know of with problems. This I find difficult to believe. So in conclusion I would not recommend DPP to anyone and I am now resolved to delete it from my Mac.

Yes, if you can run PSP without it I really wouldn't bother. By contrast, Nx Studio is quick and reliable, although it doesn't offer a huge amount of adjustements. Jpeg rendering is usually less to my taste than darktable but not always....

Back