Canon DPP 4

Name
Gary
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi everyone.

I have been using Canon Dpp 3 for the past 9 years " raw edits"

Camera gave up a few months back so I have had to upgrade.

I bought the R6. Dpp 3 would not open the new files so I installed Dpp4.

Also installed the Utilities software at the same time. I had not used that before to download my images to the pc. Turns out it is a nice piece of software as it made folders with date taken then downloaded the files to them pretty much automatically.

So all went well when I first used the software.

I had not downloaded any images for a while, plus the pc had some issues I think relating to updating at some point, anyhow it is behaving itself at the moment.

Problem is when I connect the camera to the pc " Utilities" via cable it is not allowing me to downlaod the file the tabs are greyed out apart from the montitor folder option which i'm not sure about anyway.

If I open the Dpp4 and navigate to the camera it see's camera and folders on the card but not the files.

If I access the camera form within windows and drag the files onto hard drive thats fine. This is how I used to download my images. Dpp4 will see the files and allow editing.

Some screenshots below.

I would appreciate any help with this. Is there something on the camera I may have done ?

Gaz

bFYMASF.jpg

j1NdSwI.jpg

Hi everyone.

I have been using Canon Dpp 3 for the past 9 years " raw edits"

Camera gave up a few months back so I have had to upgrade.

I bought the R6. Dpp 3 would not open the new files so I installed Dpp4.

Also installed the Utilities software at the same time. I had not used that before to download my images to the pc. Turns out it is a nice piece of software as it made folders with date taken then downloaded the files to them pretty much automatically.

So all went well when I first used the software.

I had not downloaded any images for a while, plus the pc had some issues I think relating to updating at some point, anyhow it is behaving itself at the moment.

Problem is when I connect the camera to the pc " Utilities" via cable it is not allowing me to downlaod the file the tabs are greyed out apart from the montitor folder option which i'm not sure about anyway.

If I open the Dpp4 and navigate to the camera it see's camera and folders on the card but not the files.

If I access the camera form within windows and drag the files onto hard drive thats fine. This is how I used to download my images. Dpp4 will see the files and allow editing.

Some screenshots below.

I would appreciate any help with this. Is there something on the camera I may have done ?

Gaz

bFYMASF.jpg

j1NdSwI.jpg
You need to use EOS Utility 3. It should automatically open when you turn the camera on.

You need to use EOS Utility 3. It should automatically open when you turn the camera on.
Many thanks.

I uninstalled what I had (not sure of the version) judging from your reply the wrong one.
Then downloaded the most up to date version 3.1. All is working now.

Thanks again.

Gaz

Back