Canon EF 35 - 80mm Ultrasonic lens

Edit My Images
No
Found my old EOS 1000 FN film camera recently and was wondering if the attached lens an EF 35-80mm Ultrasonic would work well/at all with Canons range of Digital SLRs?

The reason for asking is that a friend of mine has a 450d and I don't know whether it's worth giving him the lens.

I'm sure the lens will physically operate but don't know if it's good enough to use with his camera.

Any thoughts? :thinking:

Well if your going to give it to him (a kind gesture (y)) depending on the other lens he has, he should get some good use from it :)

I'm either going to give him it or there's a possibility I may hold on to it in the off chance that I decide Olympus was not the way to go after all.

It is a fairly old lens though (I've had it for 16 years) and I was unsure if it would still provide good results?

The 35-80 quickly went through MkI (1992), MkII (1993) and MkIII (1995) as improvements were made. If the quality doesn't cut it for your friend then buy yourself a reversing ring and try it for macro on your new gear....whilst a little soft the right way around, it works pretty well backwards.

Bob

Mine's either a Mk 1 or 2, as I got it in 1993, but I remember it being quite a good lens. Not up to today's standards I'll bet but good nonetheless.

Back