CANON EF-S 55-250MM F4-5.6 IS

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
No
Hi all,

i am looking at adding a lens to my kit, all i have at the moment is a 400D and kit lens but i want something with a bit more reach. i have seen the below on digital rev, has anyone got one? any one used one? what did you think? is that a good price? and last but not least.... has anyone dealt with digital rev? ok i lied one more question what about warranty on the lens?

i know that is a few questions but i dont want to waste my money if you know what i mean.

http://www.digitalrev.com/en/canon-ef-s-55-250mm-f4-5-dot-6-is-2184.html

thanks in advance.

Well Pratical Photography gace it 5 out of 5 start when they reviewed it,

ok thanks,

has anyone got any experiences with digital rev??

does anyone else have any comments on this lens? since i am very new to this i am not too sure what to be looking out for with regardsto buying a lens?

thanks

Hi Chris, I don't have no personal experience of this lens, but from most reviews it is very good value for money. All I can say is that when I get my Canon Cashback I intend to buy that very lens. For lens reviews I tend to go by www.photozone.de - all they review is lens ! The other site for reviews I use is www.dpreview.com, but I don't think they've reviewed the 55-250 yet. Afraid I've never dealt with digital rev :beer:

Chris remember that the EF-S models are designed for 300/350/400 series cameras with cropped sensors. If you have a hankering to upgrade to a full frame body (5D etc) at a later date you won't be able to use it.

Chris

well i have ordered the lens, decided not to go with digital rev as i found it on 7dayshop which i have used several times, only about £15 extra and saves me worrying about it traveling from hk etc... now the only problem is will it fit in my crumpler???? :bonk:

thanks for the advice

That's where I got mine from - 7dayshop. Excellent service. Hope you enjoy the lens. (y)

Back