Canon EOS 400D v. Nikon D60

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
Yes
Morning!

I have just signed up here, as I am looking at getting into photography as a hobby, and was wondering which of these two cameras is better to start off with?

I have around £300-£400 to spend, and found these two cameras which seem to be pretty good starter cameras.

Any questions, just ask!

Thanks for all your help in advance!

Paul

Both cameras are good. It is you that will make the shot not the camera.

Best advice go feel and hold both of them and see which "feels " right in your hands.

You get more for your money buying the Nikon. The stock lens on the canon lens is terrible, but the nikon lens is much better. It also works out cheaper to buy the Nikon with the decent lens rather than trading in the canon lens.

Both great cameras. The digic 2 sensor in the 400d has seen better days, but it still get wonderful photos. The D60 has the new expeed processor from Nikon which is lovely. It handles colour very well, good at high ISO and the VR lens is excellent for a kit lens.

D.

Seen in a photo mag today, they were testing the new Canon 450D, Sony A350 and the Nikon D60. The Nikon came out on top 'just' one main differance the other two have live view. Think it was Practical Photography.

Back