Canon EOS 400D

Name
Aimee
Edit My Images
Yes
I hear this isn't far different from 40D?

Also I want to know..

Would this be good for modeling shots?
Good for live band shots? (capture light well?)
Good zoom?
Good quality?
Easy to navigate?
Li-ion batteries last long?
Are many adapters available for it?

Anything else I need to know?

I should go to a shop and ask about one if I were you.

Both of the cameras you have mentioned are DSLR (Digital Single Lens Reflex) cameras. They are manufactured as a camera body to which you add a lens (usually purchased separately) to suit what you are photographing.

The lenses used for the types of shots you are asking about are likely to be different and add considerably to the cost.

Icky,

I'm not sure what you're moving up from, camerwise, or where your experience level is.

If this will be your 1st DSLR then I suggest an EOS350 or 400 for a good starter body. Normally this will come with an EF-S18-55 zoom lens. You may want a lens with something a little longer in the zoom department...EF28-105 or EF28-135.
Maybe the 28-135 IS would be a good low light lens as it has Image Stabilisation which allows slower shutter speeds for your concert shots.

2nd hand you'd be lookinjg to spend the following (approximate);
EOS350D body £300
EOS400D body £350-£400
EF28-105 Zoom £110-£140
EF28-135 IS Zoom £180-£220

I excpect many other opinions will be added....please everyone, chirp in, so that you get the benefit of other people who do modelling and concert shots...alas, I don't.

Bob

K. First. Its not a compact camera. Its just a camera with no lens. It has whatever zoom you put on it. You don't get compact style adapters you get lenses and filters. You should google a bit to read up on the camera just so you know what you're really looking to buy because you'd be quite surprised about the difference.

Would this be good for modeling shots?

With the right lens, yes.
Good for live band shots? (capture light well?)

Good zoom?

Good quality?

Easy to navigate?

It is an easy camera to use.
Li-ion batteries last long?

Yes at least 1000 shots.
Are many adapters available for it?

There's plenty of lenses available.

Anything else I need to know?

Its a different kettle of fish to a compact. The display doesn't show the image you're going to take you look through the lens which is a MUCH better way of taking photographs. Do some reading about DSLR's before you go any further.

Back