Canon EOS --- DSLR, what is the best?

Name
Ryan
Edit My Images
Yes
Well, i have been saving for a while, and i was just wondering in photographers personal opinions, which they find the best. :D

Since there are alot of Canon Cameras To buy out there these days, i really don't know which one to buy, so i was wondering if people could discuss which ones they find the best out of:

Canon EOS 450D
Canone EOS 1000D
Canon EOS 350D
Canon EOS 30D
Canon EOS 40D

it would mean alot if people could tell me which one to buy, or which they find the best, thanks alot :) - Ryan :love:

try handling some to see which you like the feel of. If I were buying today, I'd buy a second hand 40d and put the rest of the cash towards a decent lens.

At the minute i'm using the 400d which is a gd beginner dslr, but i'm thinking of upgrading to the 40d shortly(y)

oo, my friend has the 40D and he said it's amazing, and his photo's are amazing D: !
it's alot of money though, but it's probably worth it, from the quality of the image :)

I have a 30d & A 450d, both have their pros & cons, but I wouldn't be able to choose one over the other.. the 30D handles well, and is generally a better built camera, but I find the 450D useful for landscape as the live view function comes in extremely handy, also for macro, switch to manual focus & zoom in on live-view and you're away. The sensor cleaning function on the 450D is also handy, in around 4 months, I will have cleaned my 30D's sensor around 4 - 6 times, wheras I'd have only cleaned the 450D's once of twice. The annoying thing about the 450 is that the ISO goes from 100, 200, 400, 800, 1600, wheras the 30D has all the little bits inbetween. I will on occasion go to 320 on my 30D, but if I want above 200 on my 450D, I have no choice but to use 400 ISO.

In short, these two cameras in my opinion are fantastic, and have their little perks. However, I'm guessing you only want one, and if you mix the more robust & chunkier body of a 30D with the extra functions of a 450D, then you're left with a 40D.

Perfect :D

I have the 400d, and it is a great starter (as would the 450) DSLR. I love it, but I will still likely upgrade to a 40d. If you don't mind 2nd hand you may as well go for a used 40d.

But as has been said it is the glass that is the main thing, even as a complete beginneer I noticed that the the glass you use makes a world of difference. So depending on your budget it might be better to get a good starter DSLR and invest more in the glass.

Depends on your budget- don't buy a 40D if you compromise on the quality of the lenses you use on it.

My dad and I both bought SLRs on a budget. Dad bought a 40D and uses the 17-85mm kit lens. I bought a 350D and invested my limited budget into lenses (Sigma 70-200 2.8 and Sigma 10-20). Dad finds his lenses limit what he wants to do and is always trying to borrow mine, whereas for the moment, my body is fine and my lenses are fantastic :D

IMHO there are two answers to this question

1 the best camera is the one that best suits the purpose to which it is put.
Don't take a Cannon 1 series for discrete street photography.

2 the best camera is best one you can afford.

at the moment for me that is a Canon 40D with various lenses the best being the Canon 24 - 105 and the 400mm f 5.6,

If/when I can afford it I will buy a Canon 1Ds Mk 111 and a Canon 500mm F4 lens to put on the front of it.

(trouble is I'll be too old to carry it anywhere and will probably have to have a specially adapted zimmer frame).

out of that list 40d, semi pro body has superior af and iso response, better weather sealing. Also my 50d (identical chassis) feels nicer in my hand than my 450d.

more buttons are allways nicer too

Back