Canon EOS M Series Cameras

Thanks guys :)

No probs (y)

It's worth mentioning that I used one of the strap mounting brackets that came with the M kit, and looped the Optech fastener through that. Goes without saying I guess...

Last edited:
Finally decided upon one of these in camo:

http://www.cordweaver.co.uk/product.php?s=cordy-classic-optech-mini-qd-loop#big2

The OP/Tech QD loops but i like the paracord design.

And finally the battery has charged, updated to the latest firmware and installed Magiclantern for focus peaking, magic zoom etc. It's actually a lot nippier focusing than i predicted and turning off display review keeps it quick shot to shot.

Very pleased for the £136!

Hi if one of you has a canon branded lens adapter, could I ask for some measurements please?

The distane from the rear of the m body to the tripod mount please and how much does it stock out from under the bottom of the camera. I am looking to try a gri which you can get on amazon, reading reviews people say you need to take the tripod mount off on the canon one to use it with the lens adapter on. Mine is a meike version and it doesn't come off.

Hi if one of you has a canon branded lens adapter, could I ask for some measurements please?

The distane from the rear of the m body to the tripod mount please and how much does it stock out from under the bottom of the camera. I am looking to try a gri which you can get on amazon, reading reviews people say you need to take the tripod mount off on the canon one to use it with the lens adapter on. Mine is a meike version and it doesn't come off.
I've got one, but I'm out tonight. Will try and do it tomorrow night if you can wait that long!

Do these help at all?

IMG_4611.jpg

IMG_4612.jpg

IMG_4613.jpg

Hehe, I'd just logged in to post the same link! Naturally I've ordered one! This now completes my M kit :) (for now..!)

Same for me. I really wasn't going to buy the 55-200 at all as my plan was to use the Missus's 55-250, but I tried it today and really didn't like the combo.

I tried a few of her lenses and the one that stood out by a mile was her 40mm pancake. Amazingly sharp and great colour, as good as the 22.

The annoying thing is I bought this lens a while back for myself, when I had a 7d, and wasn't very impressed so I gave it to her.

On the M it shines (must steel it back) :)

Last edited:
I tried a few of her lenses and the one that stood out by a mile was her 40mm pancake. Amazingly sharp and great colour, as good as the 22.

The annoying thing is I bought this lens a while back for myself, when I had a 7d, and wasn't very impressed so I gave it to her.

On the M it shines (must steel it back) :)

Yeah, the 55-200 at that price with a year warranty was hard to resist.

My 40mm prime arrived yesterday but I've only managed a few shots around the house with it but first impressions seem really good. It's looks pretty sharp wide open and good in low light. Makes a nice little lens with the adaptor. Again, hard to resist at £85.

Nice shots Pete. Which lens were you using?

What's the 55-200 M lens like - is it quick to AF and optically as good as the EF-S equivalent? Might be tempted at that price.

Or St. Pancras.... perhaps?

I was using the 22mm lens for those shots

Hehe, I'd just logged in to post the same link! Naturally I've ordered one! This now completes my M kit :) (for now..!)
Just bought one myself :) I'm hoping it focuses better than the EF-S 55-250mm with the adaptor. I took my M2 to the Ireland France six nations game at the weekend, I was very frustrated with the focusing speed and accuracy. When I did hit the sweet spot the quality was good, but it's a noisy beast and it hunts continuosly for focus. I hope the EF-M 55-200mm is as snappy as my other two EF-M zooms on the M2.

Last edited:
For anyone that is interested and lives in Lincolnshire. They have it in stock at Spalding.:)

I reckon that is the closest store to me with one in stock... But with free delivery it isn't worth driving over there for me. There seem to be odd one in stick here and there (was just checking for a friend and a local store had it in). They still have the spend £100 and get a £10 voucher which is a bonus.

Just got a text and it looks like my lens has arrived at Argos to collect :)
Excellent! Enjoy. I'll be picking one up at some point but the 11-22mm takes priority atm.

Any of you future EOS M3 owners figured out how to trigger external flash and make use of the optional EVF yet?

I'm assuming the pop-up flash won't have master control (as the 90ex does) so I've been looking for alternatives. I've seen some dual hotshoe converters but assume they wouldn't be able to support the EVF. I can only think of adding an optical trigger to the external flash but I assume that would leave me without ETTL. Has anyone else been worrying about this or is it just me?

Just got a text and it looks like my lens has arrived at Argos to collect :)

Just picked mine up :)

Only fired off a few shots in low light but so far so good. It doesn't have the metallic feel of the other lenses but it does feel solid in the hand. The plastic mount feels robust too. Shame it isn't metal but at least it saves some weight!

Excellent! Enjoy. I'll be picking one up at some point but the 11-22mm takes priority

The 11-22mm is a super lens. Very sharp corner to corner.

Back