Canon eyepiece extender advice please

Name
David Thomas
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi, just got an eyepiece extender from flea bay and it makes the view finder tiny. Is that normal?? :shake:

Pretty sure it's the EP-EX15 Eyepiece Extender

:amstupid:Ah. That would explain it then! I didn't realise they reduced the viewfinder size. It is nice not to be getting the face on the back of the camera, but not sure if it's worth the trade off. Oh well, you live and learn!! Anyone want to buy an eyepiece extender??

Hey Dizzy

I bought the extender a couple of years ago and I was dissappointed about size reduction too, but if you get yourself some watchmakers screwdrivers you can actually dismantle it and remove the offending plastic lens.
I like the extender, it keeps my greasy nose of the lcd screen.

Wayne

Now that's what makes these forums great :)

Hey Dizzy

I bought the extender a couple of years ago and I was dissappointed about size reduction too, but if you get yourself some watchmakers screwdrivers you can actually dismantle it and remove the offending plastic lens.

Wayne

I didn't know you could do that.

I've got one, and I use it alot, but not all the time. Sometimes I miss the largeer viewfinder, and take it off for a while :D

Hey Dizzy

Wayne

That's awesome! Can you still see all the viewfinder and info without the plastic lens in?

instead of taking the lens out, nip down to your local Canon stockist, buy a 1dsmk3 and then fit the extender

the reduction caused by the extender will be off set by the larger view finder (y)

you also get a couple more mp too, so everyones a winner :)

Nice tip, I've never used mine since getting it as I couldn't work with the smaller viewfinder

Thanks!

Hey Dizzy

Wayne

I use the Nikon DK-21M Magnifying Eyepiece on my Canon 350 and it works a treat magnifying and making it easier to manual focus.

Back