canon ip4700 printer help

Name
stuart
Edit My Images
Yes
I was wanting to print 16inch x 6inch prints from my a4 canon ip4700 printer.
i didnt think it could be done until i spoke to a pro who told me he done it all the time.....he just bought a3 paper and cut it to size then just printed from photoshop.he told me to go to page setup in ps and just select 16x6 and tick fit to frame.when i select my size, all is well until i tick fit to frame...thats when the size changes back to a4 paper size.

hopefully im explaining myself ok and if so does anyone know if im doing something wrong

Have you clicked on 'Page Setup' first (just above 'Scale To Fit Media') and set paper size in the the print driver.
This is where you enter the paper size in use.

when i do that it allows me to change the size at first but when i tick the box for the pic to fit the page it automatically changes back to a4 size.

I've not used canon printers but I can't see any reason why you can't do panoramic prints of 6"x16".
Maybe you could try resizing/croping the image to 6"x16" before choosing the paper size in the print driver. This is how I print, I've never used the 'Scale to Fit Media' feature in PS.
Sorry can't be much more help. Might be a Canon printer thing!

I have a 1p4700 if you go into the canon page setup and where it has paper size select custom and put 16x6 into it. make sure your what your printing is in portrait and not landscape 16 high by 6 wide.

iclick thats what i do but the pic looks cropped on the image preview so you have to tick the box to make the pic fit to frame....thats when it automatically resizes to fit an a4 page.i phoned canon today and they say it cant be done she then went on to try and sell me an a3 printer!!!

what size is the actual picture your printing, say for instant its a 10x8 print then if you try to print it at 16x6 then some cropping will occur . you need to make your picture 16x6. when I tick the box fit to frame its still stays at 16x6. try this make a new canvas in photoshop at 16x6 300 dpi then drag the photo onto the canvas, select transform hold down the shift key and grab one of the corners and bring the photo in until you can see all the picture. hope I've explained it ok.

yes i know what you mean but wont work. Canon said its a no no.My friend has an epson and ive now done it on his but canon is a different story.basically the canon printer will stop printing after 297mm of paper has fed through it regardless of what ive told it to do.bit of a shame as i love the print quality but of course 80% of my prints are now needing to be printed at 16x6. ds labs will be hearing alot more of me now

I think they are limited in their paper sizes.

Last edited:
Back